Box–spring beds are becoming more and more popular – no wonder, since they can combine an elegant, timeless aesthetic and a high level of sleeping comfort. But often appearances are deceptive and the bed looks only decorative, but does not bring any qualitative added value. To get around such a case, it helps to take a look behind the facade.
Table of contents: What to expect in this article
These features distinguish a real box spring bed
The spring core is THE hallmark of the box spring bed par excellence
Depending on what sleep needs exist and what the physical preconditions are, it is worth resorting to different types of spring core.
- The Bonellfederkernas he was, among other things, in Jockenhöfer boxspring bed It is characterized by a certain softness and a surface-elastic effect. Ideal for people who weigh less than 100 kilograms and for whom the support function does not need to be so pronounced.
- The Pocket spring core: Due to its point elasticity created by the single spring stitching, it is not only extremely high-quality – it is also suitable for people weighing more than 100 kilograms. In addition, it supports lighter areas of the body more strongly; heavy ones sink in more easily.
The bottom box is made of solid wood
The subbox must withstand greater loads – especially on the load-bearing parts. Therefore, solid wood is particularly suitable for this use. If alternative materials such as medium-density fiberboard (MFD) are used, this makes sense in that they make the bed lighter. Then, however, they should only be found on the subbox floor covering.
The mattress brings with it several zones that ideally support the body
With regard to the mattress, it is recommended to resort to a spring mattress with a climalatex or cold foam foam cover.
In addition, if there are at least seven zones and the restoring force is as high as possible, the body is not only ideally supported.
Cooling is also much slower and the sleeping comfort is maintained longer.
The topper is made of high-quality materials and once again meets the needs of the sleeping person
The topper, which is usually seven to nine centimeters high, is a flat mattress, which is additionally located on the actual mattress. High-quality and durable toppers are usually made of cold foam, Klimalatex, visco- or possibly also soft foam. An additional climate cover made of tencel or double cloth is also advantageous in terms of breathability and moisture wicking.
In order to choose the most suitable topper for yourself, you should take a closer look at the different types of lying comfort.
- A Cold foam Toppers is a good choice for people who bring a little more weight and appreciate a firm but cozy sleeping pad.
- The Viscofoam Toppers on the other hand, it is warmer and particularly gentle on the back and joints, because it stores body heat and reacts very flexibly to pressure.
- Something similar – soft and elastic – meets the Soft Foam Toppers In contrast to the viscofoam topper, however, it does not warm quite as much.
- And if you like to lie soft and are looking for a breathable topper due to increased sweating at night, you will most likely get along well with a Klimalatex topper.
What else is important in the bedroom furnishing?
Of course, there are many general DIY tips for home furnishing. However, if it is explicitly about staging the new box spring bed in the bedroom, the bed ideally places it in different positions in the room.
Of course, only if this is possible and not other furniture such as cabinets already block certain areas (more or less forcibly). This way you can find out where you feel particularly comfortable and how the rest of the furnishings can best be positioned.
Overall, it is advantageous to make the room cozy, but neat. That means: purposeful decoration, a bookshelf or something else that you personally appreciate, yes – chaotic laundry towers on a chair or in a basket, no.
In addition, however, a harmonious, not too bright lighting concept including various darkening options, a substantial omission of technical devices and the right plants for the bedroom also contribute to the fact that switching off after work succeeds.