Apartment Design For Rent 2023
Renting out an apartment for someone is an aid to the main income, while someone considers such an activity as a full-fledged business. Regardless of the specific circumstances, the homeowners face a serious question of how to decorate the interior design of the apartment so that it is inexpensive, and the tenants definitely like the result. It is this aspect that will be discussed in the article.
Home interior design is the most important moment in the life of every person. You can carry out work on an independent basis, but only if there is confidence that everything will go as it should. If there is not enough knowledge and experience, it is logical and expedient to invite a designer.
The design of an apartment for rent in 2023 assumes taking into account the basic trends of recent times:
- practicality – it is important that every detail in the apartment is really necessary and useful, and every square meter is used strictly for its intended purpose, especially if the apartment is small and requires space saving;
- minimalism – no pretentious furniture designs and decorations, only what the residents need for a comfortable life: if they think that they need to have a hand in housing, they will buy everything they need themselves;
- neutrality of tones – you should not experiment with bright colorful solutions, firstly, few people will like them, and secondly, they will quickly lose their appearance if suddenly the guests turn out to be sloppy people;
- cheap finishes and furniture – no need to bother in order to make everything expensive and rich, because tenants often do not value the money and effort invested and use the apartment as a place to sleep, and not as a museum;
- basic solutions – individual design for rented housing is out of place, it is better to dwell on some typical solution and bring it to life.
As you can see, the trends of apartments for rent have not changed much. Nevertheless, against the backdrop of the pandemic, some new solutions have appeared, they imply a reduction in the cost of the interior and the elimination of everything from it that, hypothetically, may not be liked and not needed by the new owners.
Before starting repairs and creating a new home design, you need to answer yourself a number of critical questions.
- To whom we rent. These can be single men and women, married couples and large families, as well as several strangers who rent an apartment in parts (rooms). The zoning of the space and the number of berths depend on this.
- How much we rent. If the dwelling is located in a prestigious house, the price for it can be increased, but for this you will have to make good repairs using expensive materials and innovative solutions. If it is located in an ordinary “socket”, you will not have to count on a high rent price. The fact is that tenants who want to live in good conditions and pay money for it will initially choose a fashionable residential complex.
- Are children / animals allowed. If housing is rented to families with children and animals, it is necessary to provide for this moment, as well as free space. Today in the rental housing market, few people want to provide apartments to such categories of tenants, nevertheless, they are the majority. Therefore, most landlords take this point into account.
- The presence / absence of a balcony / loggia. This part of the apartment can be used as a warehouse or storage room, or it can be combined with the main part of the housing and become an additional space for work, rest, ironing, receiving guests, etc.
These are not all the points that need to be taken into account when developing an interior design, but they are the main ones.
Before considering the main ideas for decorating an apartment for rent, you need to dwell on each point in detail and think over everything to the smallest detail.
As already noted, it should be as neutral as possible. The floor and walls can be decorated in light pastel colors. For example, beige, gray or sand.
- Tiles can be used for the kitchen floor as they are resistant to wear and tear and will last for several years. You can put linoleum in the rooms – an inexpensive and practical option that can be easily changed.
- Washable wallpaper or tiles are used for the walls. Built-in appliances will save space and put a higher price tag on the rent.
Only in this case the apartment for rent will look stylish, and the renovation will last a long time without serious financial costs.
The working area in the kitchen is decorated with a set, sink and refrigerator. Kitchen island – dining area with table and chairs or stools. The colors are neutral and not easily soiled, so that dirt can be easily removed. The materials are just wood (needles). You can use artificial leather, but it wears out quickly and becomes unusable. Natural stone is too expensive. But if you want something exclusive, you can replace it with an artificial stone. The arrangement of furniture should also be rational. Structures should not block the passage and interfere with the hostess – doing household chores.
There should be no decorations, since not all tenants will like them and may end up, at best, in the far corner. But there are more important details. This is an extractor hood in the kitchen, air conditioning, if the house is located on the south side and in a warm region, as well as lighting, which is represented not only by ceiling chandeliers, but also by wall, spotlights, table lamps, floor lamps.