Exterior House Colors Trends In 2024
In our previous articles, we talked in great detail about interior colors that will be relevant in 2024. But what if you have no questions about the color of the walls and ceilings in your living room, bedroom and bathroom – but the exterior of your house needs to be changed for a long time? Well, 2024 is the time to update the exterior of your home, especially since designers and trendsetters have already offered a lot of very interesting color schemes. So, let’s find out more about exterior house colors for 2024.
The color of the exterior house in 2024: which palette to turn to?
Looking ahead to 2024, there are two key trends that guide the choice of color for the exterior walls of the house. Let’s talk about them in more detail – and you can choose the option closest to you.
Natural and close to nature
When your house fits organically into the surrounding landscape, it creates an indescribable feeling of peace and the inviolability of eternal values – such as love for your home, the importance of family traditions and the warmth of a family hearth. From this point of view, a calm and natural palette of shades will be the best solution for you if stability and respectability are especially important to you. If you want to add color, you can easily do it at the expense of the roof – however, more on that below.
Unusual and contrasting
However, if you love everything original and do not mind expressing yourself, then you may well resort to more expressive exterior colors. Of course, too bright, marker tones are still not welcome, but in fashion palettes for 2024 there are a huge number of complex and expressive shades, thanks to which your home will become a real highlight in the street landscape!
Trendy colors for exterior house in 2024: exploring shades
If you are still thinking about what color the exterior of your house will be updated next year, then you may well turn to the trendsetter palettes. WGSN&Coloro and Pantone have already presented their forecasts, and major paint manufacturers Behr, Sherwin-Williams and Dulux not only predict, but even offer to use these paints in real life. So, let’s take a closer look at what fashionable color you can decorate the exterior of your house in 2024.
White is still versatile for the exterior – and it also gives you the opportunity to use bright details in the design of the area around the house. Whether your walls will have a soft color or you will choose pure and bright white is up to you, especially since there are both variations in fashionable palettes.
- Whitewashed hut (Stowe White) – a shade that can create a believable effect of whitewashed walls;
- Winter Terrace – very cool white with smoky notes, contrasting beautifully with the surrounding greenery;
- Vivid White – expressive and spectacular white for combination with bright roofs;
- White (High Reflective White) – glossy white with a noticeable reflective effect;
- Alabaster – traditional white for a classic home;
- White whisper (Whisper White) – a soft and calm shade for a sunny area;
- Baby’s Breath – Muted and calm white.
To some, beige may seem overly banal, especially today, when the choice of shades is incredibly wide. However, the vast majority of homeowners still readily opt for its delightful tones, using both classic and trendy ones. So, in addition to the classic beige for exteriors, you can choose more complex and relevant tones:
- Buttercream – appetizing, sunny and warming yellowish-beige;
- Soybeans (Soybean) – very pale and natural beige;
- Accessible Beige – beige with a pleasantly cool gray tone;
Gray is by no means boring in 2024, so you can safely use it for the walls of your home. Complementing the design of the exterior with contrasting architraves, doors and a roof, you will get an amazing result.
- Lunar Surface – a cool gray with a pleasant silvery sheen;
- Nightingale Gray – graphic, dark gray, pleasing with amazing softness;
- Laurel (Laurel Tree) – a natural shade of bay leaf with a subtle greenness;
- Ideal gray (Ultimate Gray) – an example of neutrality and the basis for any color combinations;
- Urban Bronze – Sherwin-Williams Color 2024, a deep and charming tone of patinated metal.
Dark brown exterior house colors are out of trend again in 2024 – unless, of course, you are using unpainted wood. However, you can use them for the roof, and choose more sophisticated and light brown variations for the walls.
- Sunwashed Brick – A very pale shade between orange and brown, perfect for a farmhouse or country home;
- Clay Pipe Half – pale, dusty brown;
- Linden (Basswood) – warming taupe;
- Sheepskin is one of the lightest and coziest browns of the season;
- Cocoa Whip is an inspiring and appetizing brown.
The exterior in blue tones looks great both in combination with greenery and against the backdrop of freshly fallen snow. In 2024, airy blue tones and shades with watercolor greenish undertones are used – designers are really crazy about them.
- Etched glass (Etched Glass) – watercolor and very pleasing to the eye gray-blue tint;
- Clear skies (Clear Skies) – a perfectly rendered color of the summer sky;
- Sea breeze (Breezeway) – atmospheric greenish-blue;
- After Rain (After Rain) – exquisitely light dusty blue;
- Sea glass (Beach Glass) – matte blue with a confident greenish undertone.
The yellow walls of the house in 2024 may be different. So, someone can choose more pale and sophisticated tones, someone – energetic and warming. And all these gradations are on the list of popular shades for the coming season.
- Corn Stalk – A remarkably light and natural light yellow, ideal for a rural home;
- Radiant yellow (Illuminating) – sunny and warming color;
- Daylily – a very warm orange-yellow that can add optimism to rainy days;
- Peace Yellow (Peace Yellow) – serene light yellow.
House roof color in 2024
Speaking of trendy colors for the exterior of the house, it would be unfair to forget about the roof – its color also makes a significant contribution to the perception of the exterior. In 2024, pay attention to juicy, deep and in some cases even dark shades that will create a mesmerizing contrast with the walls. We offer you several win-win colors.
- Orange dahlia (Dahlia Orange) – a gorgeous and warming orange;
- Orange Ocher is an excellent solution for tiles;
- Tomato Cream – deep red-orange for dramatic contrast;
- Bakelite Gold – A rich orange with golden undertones.
- Winery (Winery) – a fashionable variation of the shade of burgundy;
- Red Bay (Red Bay) – exciting red-brown;
- Murray Red – a delightful tone of old red wine;
- Sierra Redwood is a deep and intense mahogany color.
Fashionable blue for the roof in 2024 is primarily a rich and natural blue. Forget about the combination of blue roof and blue walls – this color busting is no longer in trend. Play with contrasts and give preference to combinations with white, brown, gray and yellow – and which shades to use, we will tell you:
- Ibiza (Ibiza Blue) – dark blue color, reminiscent of the evening sea;
- Naval (Naval) – a variation of the famous and beloved by all color navy blue;
- Cascades (Cascades) – an unusual blue-steel shade;
- Capricious blue (Moody Blue) – light, like dusted blue.
A dark brown roof with light walls is a stronghold of respectability and nobility. This option is considered a real classic, and you can safely choose the right shade in fashionable palettes for 2024:
- Nature Brown – a very natural dark brown suitable for the roof of a house in a modern and classic style
- Perfect Penny – a charming shade of ceramic for the roof of a country-style house;
- Wild Mustang – cool brown for a house roof with blue or white walls;
- Processed clay (Studio Clay) – a shade of natural fired tiles.
Now you roughly know in which direction to proceed in order to choose the actual color for updating the exterior of your house. Of course, you can also use other tones from the trendy palettes for 2024. Take the time to study the color schemes from well-known manufacturers of finishing materials and how to weigh the pros and cons. Only with this approach, the updated exterior of your house will delight you every day – including thanks to compliments from neighbors!